Republican Presidential candidate John McCain has fought hard for many years to convince the media and voters that he is a "maverick." This is no easy task. Within the Republican party, nothing is more highly valued than cohesiveness and loyalty to GOP principles. If McCain wanted to continue receiving support from his party while appearing "independent" to the voters, he had to pull out a few tricks.
- The League of Conservation Voters Scorecard
- The Republicans For Environmental Protection find McCain doesn't vote.
- McCain was in DC for the Economic Stimulus Package vote but failed to take a position, then lied about which position he did take.
- John McCain's vocal support on the campaign trail for the Climate Security Act, as written.
- McCain will miss the Climate Security Act vote.
- Even though a nuclear amendment will be available.