2.2.07

Grocery Store Inquiry


There is a ton of news on reports detailing Global Warming and the impact of humans on earth's climate. I urge you to check them out. I won't be posting them here because I don't want this to become the global warming blog.

I wanted to let you know that I contacted two of my local grocery store chains, Publix & Albertsons, to inquire about their use of renewable energy in light of my discovery that Whole Foods uses 100% renewable energy.

I will post the letter I sent to them below so you can send similiar notes to your local chains. Most of them have an email customer service form you can copy & paste into.

Anyways, I haven't heard back from Publix yet but Albertsons actually forwarded my email to a higher-up who called me to discuss my question. I will speak with him this afternoon and give you the scoop. Now go put your local chains on the spot!

Good afternoon,

My family and I have been (STORE NAME) customers for years. One of the things we love the most about (STORE NAME) is how clean the stores are. With so many (STORE NAME) stores spread out all over, it
occurred to me that the company must use a lot of energy. Other grocery chains, like Whole Foods, have begun buying wind energy credits to offset their energy demands and reduce global greenhouse emissions. In fact, Whole Foods now operates on 100% wind energy alone. Does (STORE NAME) utilize renewable energy to power stores? Does the cleanliness of your energy usage match the cleanliness of your stores? I can't wait to hear back.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Sincerely,

(YOUR NAME)

PS - Click on the advertisements to the right. They relate to the blog AND they keep "Green Piece Blog" renewable!

No comments:

Post a Comment