Pets Suffer From Chemical Exposure

The Environmental Working Group released the results of a study last week which showed that the family cat or dog absorbs a dangerous level of toxic chemicals from household cleaners. Showing up in the blood or urine of their test subjects were plasticizers, stain-resisting chemicals, flame retardants, lead and mercury.

In some cases, our furry companions can absorb 20 times the amount of toxins we do. Many of these chemicals or elements are known to cause cancer and can affect important organs like the thyroid.

This may come as a shock to animal lovers, but it should serve as a lesson to parents as well. Young children who spend a lot of time on the floor, and who often put their hands in their mouths, are being exposed to these dangers in the same way our pets are.

If you want to read more about the study, click HERE.

If you want to find recipes for natural, home-made cleaning products that don't contain toxins, click HERE, HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment