21.5.08

American Idol Finale Will Be Green

American Idol is one of my guilty pleasures. It is such a predictable formula and I am constantly rolling my eyes at the repetitive comments from the judges. Regardless, I tune in year after year, applying my best analytical skills to try to predict who will stay and who will go.


This year I'm not going to make any predictions about who will come away with the big record deal because I'm not a huge fan of either contestant. Instead, I'm going to focus on some of the things FOX is doing at the finale to make it a more environmentally friendly affair.

In keeping with their goal to be carbon neutral by 2010, FOX is utilizing a combination of solar, wind and hydro power for the big finale. Also, FOX is installing solar panels to power media areas around the Nokia Theater that will later be donated to a California school through the Bonneville Environmental Foundation’s Solar 4 R Schools program.

Tonight the winner of American Idol will be announced at 8:00 EST on FOX.


No comments:

Post a Comment