The upcoming inauguration will be the first held in the age of green living. Accordingly, steps have been taken to ensure that the environmental footprint of celebrations are kept to a minimum.
In addition to official inaugural events, several companies and organizations are hosting their own parties and balls where steps have been taken to make things eco-friendly.
Below is a list of eco-actions taken for official inauguration activities...
- Carbon Neutral Inaugural Balls
- Organic Menus
- Valet Bicycle Parking
- Invitations Printed on Recycled Paper
- "Green Carpet" Made of Recycled Products
- A Liaison Provided to the Presidential Inaugural Committee from the EPA to Advise on Decisions
- Parade Floats Made of Recycled Floats of Years Past, Including a 60-foot Long, 24-foot High American Flag Float Built for Reagan's 1985 Inauguration
- Biodegradable Food Containers
- Utensils Made of Corn-based Plastics
- Expanded Composting Efforts